Deoriatal is in itself a gorgeous trek. The forest trails and the summit climb are unmatched! If you add to this the soft snow, colourful rhododendrons and the numerous species of birds found here, you will never want to leave this piece of heaven! There are three things that are really stunning about the Deoriatal-Chandrashila peak trek.Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila is an extremely picturesque trek in the Garhwal Himalayas and it can be undertaken throughout the year. If a snow trekking experience is what you are looking for then you can go on this trek in the months of December and January when heavy snowfall takes place. Tungnath a Shiva Temple is the highest in all of Himalayas and Chandrashila summit is a rock face just above it.
This trek boasts stunning views of various Himalayan peaks namely Nanda Devi, Trishul, Chaukhamba and Kedar. This trek would start and end in Rishikesh, and over a period of 4 days would take you to Sari, Deoria Tal, Chopta and finally Chandrashila. Deoria is a scenic lake in the Himalayas where you would be spending some time during this trek. As you climb up to Chandrashila, one by one, all the major summits of Western and Eastern Uttarakhand pop into view.
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek is easy and short and ideal for a long weekend. If you are new to trekking then this would be the perfect initiation for you. You would be introduced to the beauty of the Himalayas and get to know about the flora and fauna of this region. This trek would also start your lifelong tryst with trekking in the Himalayas. An ideal trek for the nature as well as adventure lovers, the Deoria Tal & Chopta Chandrashila Trek is the outstanding option at the Garhwal Himalayas.
MORE ABOUT THE DEORIA TAL
An ideal trek for the newbies, Deoriatal is divine in its own way, with a maximum altitude of 12,083 ft. Every climb is worth a shot!
What makes Deoria Tal trek so special?
The Deoriatal-Chandrashila! Usually, some trekking points give a mesmerizing view of the Himalayan ranges, but what makes Deoriatal-Chandrashila trek so special is its a far-reaching view of all the major summits. Sprawling Meadows, scenic beauty, blooming flowers in dense Forest make it a trekker’s paradise and home to countless migratory birds.
Deoriatal-Chandrashila Trek can journey throughout the year. Hence, it is the most visited trek routes in Uttarakhand. The traveler’s circuit is routed from Garhwal District of Uttarakhand to Tungnath-Chopta-Chandrashila. One visit to Deoriatal-Chandrashila offers promising peace and tranquility throughout one’s life.
● Approximate Duration: 2-4 days
● Known For: lake offers a 300° panoramic view of all the major summits. Kedarnath Musk
Deer Sanctuary, Birder’s Trail
● Difficulty level: Average
● Base: sari village
● Best Time to Visit: March-May & September-December.
● Routes to Consider: Direct access is not possible, break journeys are the only way out.
Deoria Tal is a 2km trek from Sari Village. In order to reach Sari Village, one needs to reach Ukhimath first.
1. By Air: Jolly Grant is the nearest airport available, however, one needs to book a
private car to reach Ukhimath, Sari Village is 13km away.
2. By Rail: Dehradun Railway Station is the nearest and then continues on the road journey.
Depart from Delhi, overnight journey. Reaching Rishikesh have breakfast and 2hr rest. Drive to Devprayag and Rudra Prayag. 1 hour rest & have lunch at local restaurants. Than Drive to Sari on route Ukimath. Sari Arrival (In Evening) Check in & rest, Have dinner & night stay.
After Breakfast, Trek Sari to Deoria Tal 2.3km. Where we start our trek hike to Deorital, a high altitude lake. The reflection of Chaukhamba peak in its serene still waters is a view one can’t afford to miss. We retrace the same route and descend to Sari Village after spending couple of hours by the Deorital and Then back to Sari. Drive to chopta, check in & Have dinner & Overnight stay.
Start the day on a beautiful note as you climb up the slopes of Chopta. It wil take you a couple of hours to reach Tungnath temple. Make a stop for refreshments and head further to the summit of Chandrashila peak. Once you reach the Chandrashila Peak Enjoy beautiful sunrise from the peak. you can behold the magnificent sight of big Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi, Trishul and Chaukhamba, and then back to chopta have breakfast & rest. then explore local bugyal & sightseeing from chopta. have lunch, after lunch drive to Rishikesh. Reached rishikesh at evening (7-8 PM). Check in at hotel & Have dinner & Overnight stay.
Wake up at early morning, visit to ganga ghat for morning aarti. after breakfast, local sightseeing of rishikesh, laxman jhula, ram jhula ect. afround 11 – 12 Pm Chcek out from hotel. Depart to Delhi…. Trip End Your memorable trip to Deoria tal & Chopta ends here keep in touch with Vagabond Holidays in What’s app / Facebook & Instagram.
Wake up at early morning, visit to ganga ghat for morning aarti. after breakfast, local sightseeing of rishikesh, laxman jhula, ram jhula ect. afround 11 – 12 Pm Chcek out from hotel. Depart to Delhi…. Trip End Your memorable Road trip to Mana Village ends here keep tach with Vagabond Holidays in What’s app / Facebook & Instagram.
- Transportation from Delhi & Gurgaon
- Meal (03 Breakfast + 03 Dinner)
- Accommodations in Camps
- All Local Sightseeing
- Driver Night Charges, Toll Tax & Parking Charges
- Team Captain Throughout The Trip
- Deoria Tal – Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrasila Trek
- Forest Dept. Fees
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- any kind of food or beverage that is not included in the package like alcoholic drinks, mineral water, meals/refreshments/lunches on the highway.
- Any personal expenses like tip to the drivers, entry to monuments/monasteries, camera/video camera charges, camel safari, river rafting, laundry, telephone bills tips etc.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc. (to be borne directly by the customers on the spot)
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Any damages to bike except engine damages has to be borne by the client.