Chopta is a places that you can never forget for a lifetime. Tucked away in the Garhwal Himalayas, Chopta is like a slice of the paradise; lush green, with lofty mountain chains, velvety meadows, and awe-inspiring views. It is definitely one of those places that you readily give your heart to. A trekking and camping destination, and an abode of a sacred shrine, Chopta is not just another place that you pick for a vacation, it is so much the one and only trekking alternative that will captivate you the most, and that impressively is the famous- Chopta Chandrashila Trek.
The highest peak of the Tungnath ranges and highest among the Panch Kedars, the Chandrashila is actually a “Moon Rock”, located at an altitude of 4000 meters and brings a spectacular view of the Himalayas including the famous peaks of Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba Peaks.
The Chandrashila peak is the point where according to the legendary tales, Lord Rama meditated after defeating the King of the demons- Ravana and this is the same spot, as per the other legendary belief, where Moon God- Chandra used to spend time in penance and so the name Chandrashila is given to the peak.
The Chopta Chandrashila Trek is an easy 3.5 km trek from Chopta, lying on the century old Cheh Footiya (6 feet) path on the Tungnath region, lying in the Kedarnath Musk Deer Sanctuary. This is a protected sanctuary for musk deer and is rich in flora and fauna.
An ideal trek for the nature as well as adventure lovers, the Chopta Chandrashila Trek is the outstanding option at the Garhwal Himalayas.
Depart from Delhi, overnight journey. Reaching Rishikesh have breakfast and 2hr rest. Drive to chopta Lunch en route.
Chopta Arrival (In Evening) Check in & rest, Have dinner & night stay.
After an early Start Trek Chopta to Tungnath. Tungnath is situated at the height of 3680 mts from the sea level the highest in India. The trek is three kms upward. En route you will find lush green meadows and you can see the entire range of snow capped Himalayas. Upon arrival at Tungnath Temple and visit the temple. After relax one further one kms trek to Chandrasila peak. Enjoy beautiful sunrise from Chandrasila peak (13,120 ft) Later trek back to Chopta for breakfast. after that rest in camps after lunch and evening enjoying local sightseeing & near bugyal. Have dinner and overnight stay.
After breakfast drive to Haridwar. Lunch & Dinner en route. back to home Delhi.
1. Transportation from Delhi & Gurgaon
2. Meal (02 Breakfast + 02 Dinner)
3. Accommodations in Swiss Camps
4. All Local Sightseeing
5. Driver Night Charges, Toll Tax & Parking Charges
6. Team Captain Throughout The Trip
7. Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrasila Trek
8. Forest Dept. Fees
1. GST (5%) is applicable extra.
2. Any kind of food or beverage that is not included in the package like alcoholic drinks, mineral water, meals/refreshments/lunches on the highway.
3. Any personal expenses like tip to the drivers, entry to monuments/monasteries, camera/video camera charges, camel safari, river rafting, laundry, telephone bills tips etc.
4. Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc. (to be borne directly by the customers on the spot)
5. Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
6. Any damages to bike except engine damages has to be borne by the client.
1. If Minimum group strength is not met , we have the right to cancel the departure.
2. Should you wish to customise the trip as per your preferred date, separate charges will apply.
Full Trousers or Trek Pants or Denis (I would highly recommend against it and explain why), Shirts, T shirts for men, Women can choose from what they normally wear
Light woolens during summers and monsoon, A good winter jacket for winter, Spring, Autumn, Thermal Wear (Especially during Winters, Spring), Woolen Socks(Especially, during Winters, Spring and Autumn), Woolen Cap and Gloves
Must carry things
Government ID card, Cash, Mobile phone, Power Bank, Camera
Sandals and Flip Flops, Normal Shoes, Proper Hiking or Trekking shoes (In case you are into trekking)
Hand sanitizer, Dental Hygiene products, Moisturizer, Sunscreen, Soap or Bodywash Or Shampoo
First Aid Kit, Dolo Tablet, Avomine, Pain relief Sprays, Any regular medications if you take Any